I’m all for wheat alternative breads and treats, with higher protein content and the use of natural ingredients. Let’s ditch the preservatives and get out the baking gloves! (Plus, bread tastes much nicer straight out the oven!
Let’s start with the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 medium bananas (200g) – Pretty easy to find anywhere.
- 1/8 cup (22g) of coconut flour – You may need to get to a health store, but this is a great flour alternative and I believe it should be kept in every person’s cupboard ready for baking.
- 3 whole eggs – You know how to crack an egg right?
- 2 egg whites – Let the runny egg whites drip out, keep a hold of that yolk! Trust me, you will start to learn how to get the most out of your egg whites.
- 1/2 cup (46g) of oats – One of my favourite foods, great for everything.
- 1/2 cup (54g) of banana whey protein powder – If you can get vegan protein, such as rice protein powder, then it can be a more natural option; ideally you want banana flavour for this recipe. Stay away from Soya protein powders.
- 1/2 cup (105ml) of milk – I always use rice milk, try and stay away from excessive dairy consumption and soya products.
- 8 brazil nuts – Any nuts or dried fruit will do, whatever you fancy!
- 1 tsp of baking powder – Because, well your baking something…
Blend together and bake at 160 (320) for about 40 minutes (or until your utensil comes out clean after stabbing the bread), in a silicone bread loaf pan.
Slice into 10…
The result per slice: