Home

Honest truth? I’m a little addicted to an Oreo McFlurry with chocolate sauce

I also LOVE pasta and pizza TOGETHER and gummy sweets in bed.

Does that make me the worst Personal Trainer in the world? Am I suddenly a nutrition novice? Is my lifestyle coaching all a lie? LOL! I hope not anyway!

Yes I love these grossly sugary, simple carbohydrate foods; but it doesn’t mean I eat them every single day, it also doesn’t mean I feel I have to cut them out completely to live a healthy lifestyle. Health is about moderation, consideration and the overall wellbeing of your body (internal and external).

I believe if you eat well 80% of the time, you can relax a little for the other 20%. PLEASE NOTE: THAT DOESN’T MEAN EATING AN EXTRA 20% 😉 ! If you don’t treat yourself every now and then, who will? Plus statistics prove, those that try and stick to ultra-strict diets, loose their way and binge on more food than ever before. Cutting things out only causes cravings and can only last a certain amount of time. Having a treat once a week of your favourite meal, chocolate or ice cream is not going to kill you, just be considerate of how much you eat, how often you eat and keep everything in moderation.

Don’t get me wrong… I am not recommending any of these items, nor any other high-sugar, high-grease, high-processed food; but if you are eating a natural, raw, protein and vitamin rich diet MOST of the time (and exercise 3+ times a week), is it the end of the world if you enjoy one of life’s little pleasures once in a while.

— Athletes and those training towards an event, diets are regulated and monitored by a professional for required periods of time. —

Personally; I believe in lifestyle changes, a healthy living, balance and wellbeing. I believe that the best results are achieved when they are realistic and maintainable.

On that beautiful note, it’s time for me to indulge in a little treat. If my husband is very lucky I might share 😛

mcflurry_oreos_bigprod

Asalaamu Alaykum ❤

Safiyah Esack 03/08/2013

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s